Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wheat Harvest

Grant and I have been in Moundridge, KS the past five days to help his dad with wheat harvest. It was a learning experience for me since I didn't grow up on a farm. We had a really good time despite the 12-15 hour days in the field and blistering 90 degree weather. Thankfully the combine was air conditioned which is where we spent most of the time. Of course being a girl got me out of some of the work. I took full advantage of that at times and hung out with my mother-in-law instead. Now that wheat harvest is over, I can proudly say that I have driven a combine and a diesel truck, learned a lot about wheat and other crops, and have grown a sincere appreciation for agriculture and small scale farming. Although I enjoyed the time there, I am most definitely a city girl at heart and couldn't wait to see downtown KC on our way home!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds pretty neat, Ashlee! Did you take the picture at the top of this post? I like it!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete